Sunday, October 14, 2007

Scrapbooking Tip #10: Organizing by Color

I know that this is a day late, but yesterday I went to see that gorgeous great-nephew of mine!  He's smaller in person, but also even cuter.  Pictures will be following very soon!



This week's tip is on organization.  I stamp a lot, and I had been pretty dissatisfied with the way I organized my inkpads for awhile.  I had all my dye-based pads in one drawer, all my pigments in another, and all my SU/TAC in another.  I even kept all my mini inkpads separate.  I didn't know what colors I had anymore!  Then it hit me.  I had an AHA! moment!  Why not organize my inkpads the same way I organize my paper?  I had to try it, right then and there.



You see, I'm a COLOR person.  Just about everything I do in scrapbooking and card making begins with color.  My papers are organized by color, and it works really well for me, so I decided that I needed to do this for my inkpads as well.  It's wonderful!  I combined some colors, and I still have 3 drawers, but now I can see what colors I have and what colors I need.

I haven't found a need to organize all my embellishments this way yet, but my ribbons and buttons have been that way for quite awhile now.  Like I said, I'm a
COLOR person.  You can be a COLOR person, too!

Enjoy your crafting this week!



No comments: