Saturday, October 20, 2007

Scrapbooking Tip #11: Add a Little "Bling"!

I love glitter and rhinestones!  I use them wherever I can:  on my layouts, on my cards, and on any other craft project on which I can get away with it.   Sometimes it's difficult to know when to stop, though.  I don't want my projects to look too gaudy, so I try to use the "bling" in moderation. 



Using glitter does have one drawback, though.  I'm constantly "sparkling."  No matter how hard I try, I never can seem to get all that glitter off me.  In fact, when I was working in a very upscale paper store in SoHo a few years ago, one of the "younger" associates complimented me on my "cool nose ring."  Just as I started to tell her that I didn't have a nose ring, she corrected herself and said, "Oh, no, wait; that's glitter."  I even find glitter on the cat!  And my kids!  Oh, well, I guess it's an occupational hazard.  Here's to the BLING!



Below is the most recent Disney layout I've done.  I used a lot of glitter and rhinestones for the title, but I felt that the layout warranted a lot of shiny stuff.



Magic_kingdom_1llMagic_kingdom_1r_2



No comments: