Saturday, December 8, 2007

Paper Crafting Tip #18: Sprucing things up a bit

This week is going to be very busy - and very expensive - for me, as I'm sure it will be for most of you.  Every year I say that I will spend less money on Christmas gifts, and every year I end up spending too much again. Well, I'm not here to tell you to spend less.  I wouldn't dream of it!  Rather, I'm here to give you a tip on saving some money by jazzing up some of the stuff you already have.  (This way, you'll have more money to spend on everyone else! :))



Clipboard0001
I've had this old clipboard hanging around the house for years.  You
know, one of the big legal pad-sized ones.  The ones with the ugly
brown base?  Yuck!  Just take a look at it now.  Here's how you do it:



Choose 3 colors of acrylic paint that coordinate.  Adding white or black adds an extra "pop" to the colors.  Make sure that your clipboard is clean but not wet or damp.  Paint the base with 2-3 coats of paint.  (I even gave the back 2 coats.)  Make sure you get the sides and underneath the clip.  Apply a thin coat of paint to foam stamps.  Here I used the Making Memories flowers.  Make sure that you don't put too much paint on the stamp, or it will be "globby."  Start with a large design, and then add smaller ones.  Remember that you can use different colors on the same stamp.  Add your black and/or white touches at the end, and paint a thin line of either color on the edges to give your project some definition.  If you want, you can paint the clip with alcohol inks, as I did.  Add a big bow, and you've got a clipboard that is not only functional, but nice to look at too!  Have a great week!  Now go buy some presents! :)



No comments: