Friday, July 31, 2009

CHA Supershow

I just got back to my hotel room.  I had a great time at CHA, where  I did lots of fun make 'n' takes and saw  some cool demos too.  Most of the make 'n' takes were free, and many of those that weren't free were only a few dollars.  (One was $10 to make one scrapbook page!)  I also got some pretty good deals - especially at one booth where they were having some sort of Heidi Swapp clearance sale.

Best of all, I got to meet some of the "celebrities" I've seen on TV live and in person, including  Judi Watanabe (JudiKins) and Julianna Hudgins (Sizzix/Ellison).  The only disappointing thing was that there were so many vendors missing from the show.  Oh,yeah.  I wasn't too crazy about the $5.25 "Nathan's" hotdog and the $3.50 cup of not Starbuck's coffee.  I mean, if I had wanted to pay those prices, I coould have gone to Yankee Stadium!

All in all, it was a great show, and I had a blast.  We leave for home tomorrow, and we'll be stopping in South Carolina and Virginia Beach on the way.  I can't wait to scrapbook the pictures I've taken.  Until next week, happy crafting!



No comments: